Support PIN for Client Verification (WHMCS)
Easy verification of your clients via PIN code. Client generate his pin at the customer panel and give the pin to your live chat or telephone supporter so they can identificate the customer and verify that it is a valid request.
At configuration you can specificate which employees have access to all generated pins. If an employee is not specificated he needs to use the search mask to check the pin.
Explaining the Sidebar Widget at Client Area
If you are using WHMCS v6 or higher it is possible to show a widget directly at the client area. This means that you do not have to explain to the customer where he can find the pin, because he can generate a pin on every page.
At the module configuration it is possible to define exactly on which sites the widget should be visible. Default values are: "addcontact,changepw,contacts,creditcard,details,emails,security,services,,"
Installation of the module is completed within minutes.
1. Extract the module archive which you downloaded from the client area.
2. Upload the module to your WHMCS installation.
3. Go to the WHMCS Admin backend, click on "Setup" -> "Addon Modules" and activate the module.
4. Click on "Configure" and do configure the values which you want to edit or leave it at the default values. At the point "Full Access IDs" you can specificate which Admins should have access to all generated PINs. Accounts which are not listed will have to use the search mask to lookup the pin. Admins must be specificated by their ID.
5. At "Access Control" select "Full Administrator".
Activate the Sidebar Widget
Sidebar can be only activated if using WHMCS v6 or higher!
To activate the widget, navigate into the module directory (/modules/addons/supportpin/). Then rename the file "sidebar_widget_rename.php" to "hooks.php".
Sidebar should appear if you are logged in as client. If it doesnt appear, resave the module configuration to refresh WHMCS cache.
Modification of the Sidebar Widget Design
It is possible that you make design adjustments of the sidebar. This can be useful if you have a custom WHMCS design.
To edit the output of the sidebar, open the file
After configuration your customers can reach the support pin site over https://yourdomain.com/index.php?m=supportpin
If you are using WHMCS below version 6 you will need to add a menu entry at your WHMCS template. If you are using WHMCS above version 5, just upload the provided hook file (named example-menuentry.php) which can be found in the root directory of the module archive or activate the sidebar element like described above.
|Compatible WHMCS||v5, v6, v7|
|Compatible PHP||PHP 5, PHP 7|
|Licensing||One license covers one WHMCS Installation|
- Feature: Make sidebar customizable